Protect hearing, prevent accident and pay attention to hygiene
- Adopt the 60 – 60 Rule: Listen at no more than 60% of the mobile device’s maximum volume for less than cumulative 60 minutes a day. Prolonged use of earphones should be avoided to prevent accumulative noise induced damage.
- Sound with sudden rise and fall of noise level e.g. shooting, hammer, and firecracker in video games (Impulse sound) and sound of noise level change drastically over time, e.g. road traffic noise, rock music (fluctuating sound) are more damaging than continuous noise with the same sound level. Adjust the output to a lower volume setting for music / game / film that include impulse and fluctuating sound.
- Use the built-in “smart volume” feature which help to regulate the volume and cap the possible maximum output in the products, if available.
- Avoid using mobile electronic screen products while doing other tasks requiring attention e.g. crossing the roads, etc.
- Pay attention to personal hygiene, clean the surface of the screen regularly and avoid sharing the electronic screen products with others.
Leave a Reply